Cemetery Records Donated
In the fall of 2016, a copy of the revised Eagle River Genealogical Societies Cemetery Records for the Eagle River, Saint Peter’s, Plum Lake and Star Lake Cemeteries were donated to the Eagle River Walter E. Olson Memorial and The Plum Lake Public Libraries. The Plum Lake Public Library made a copy and gave to the Vilas County Historical Museum in Sayner, WI.
Between 2014 and 2015, all of the above cemetery monuments/markers were cleaned, if appropriate, and then photographed by Max E. Rockafellow, member of the Eagle River Genealogical Society. Photographs were reviewed and additions and corrections were made to the Initial Cemetery Transcriptions of burials recorded during 2006-2007. Photographs of monuments/markers were then added to http://www.findagrave.com for genealogist who research via the internet.
Master Cemetery Burial Records are maintained and held by the Sexton of the cemeteries.
Note: See “Cemetery Records” this site to review.
Library Presentation – Books Donated
The following books were presented to the Olson Memorial Library on behalf of the Eagle River Genealogical Society. Shown in the picture is Society President, Tanya Pirus with Library Director, Diana Anderson.
- Genealogy 101 – by Barbara Renick
- The Everything Family Tree Book – by Kimberly Powell
- The Genealogist’s Question & Answer Book – Solutions and Advice for Maximizing
- Your Research Results – by Marcia Yannizze Melnyk
The following books were donated to Olson Memorial Library in memory of Lorene Hesselgrave Schertzl.
- “Finnish Genealogical Research” by, Timothy Laitila Vincent
- “The Beginner’s Guide to finish Genealogical Research” by Margarta Choquette